Information Requests are special form Sections. Working with an Information Request Section is a bit different than a standard form Section.
STEP 1: Create the new section
Go to the Page where you want this Request to appear.
Click New Section.
Click Select under Online Information or Recommendation Request.
1. Title of request. Ex: "Official Transcript Request", "Employment Verification".
2. Your instructions to the applicant. The applicant will see these instructions at the beginning of the section.
3. Select this box if you want an application to not be considered Submitted (aka completed) unless this request is received from the third party.
4. Select this box if you want to make it required for the applicants to send this request to a third party. Once this request is sent, the applicant will be able to submit. (Note: This will be marked by default if the previous option is selected.)
5. Select this box if you wish for this request and all of its contents to be hidden from your evaluators.
STEP 2: Contact Fields
Contact fields are the fields that the applicant will see and be responsible for. This along with the Label and Instructions and status are all that the applicant will see of the request.
You may add however many and any question type you like as a Contact Field.
You can edit, add, or remove any contact fields with the exception of:
- Contact's First Name
- Contact's Last Name
- Contact's Email Address
These three fields are vital to the functionality of the Request.
However, the "Contact's" portion of these fields can be changed and edited as needed.
A note about required fields:
To make any Contact Fields required, the Contact Information Required option must be turned on in the Request Settings.
If Contact Fields are required, at a minimum the First Name, Last Name, and Email must be required. You will not be able to turn off the Required option in these individual fields.
STEP 3: Create the request form for the third party
Request forms have no limitations. They may have as many or as few questions as you wish and any question type can be used. App Rules and Calculations may also be used.
Note: If you want to use Autoscore on Request questions, they should be housed in a separate Section or Page as Request questions cannot be provided a class (Provider, Applicant, Evaluator).