As the provider, the Program Matching feature allows you to use just one link to add to your website and/or Facebook page. From this single link, your applicants can access your Common Application and all of the associated Unique Programs.
Because the Program Matching feature will narrow down the Unique Programs for each applicant to only those for which they will most likely qualify, you will have fewer half-completed applications. Applicants will be able to see what the qualifications are for each program before adding them to their list of applications.
You may want to consider Program Matching if you have:
- Multiple programs for which your applicants may choose to apply
- A common application
- Multiple programs that require similar high-level information, such as applicant contact info, financial info, college major, high school info, GPAs, transcripts
Even if you do not currently use a common application, a common application can be created in SmarterSelect for your programs. We can help you determine what questions and/or information requests you should set up in each unique program.
You most likely won't need or benefit from Program Matching if:
- If your applicants do not choose to which unique program they will apply, instead you or a committee decides for which programs an applicant is eligible
- If each of your programs requires a very different application
- If you have 5 or fewer unique programs
If you still have questions about whether or not Program Matching would be beneficial to you, please submit a help ticket and we can review your programs with you to determine whether Program Matching or another feature would work best for you.